Thursday, March 3, 2011

My very first colored pencil drawing

Duckling colored pencil drawing
So here it is, my very first colored pencil drawing! It started out as an experiment, something small (8 x 6.5 inch) just to try different techniques and to get used to the colors. I told myself at the start not to get too carried away, that it was just my first drawing and not to expect too much at the end.

Anyway, with me being me the perfectionist soon came out and I couldn't help but try and get everything just right. Unfortunately I didn't clock the time spent on the drawing but I'm just going to say it took many many hours!! I reached many points where I was ready to give up, but I am so glad I persevered. I love the final outcome and I couldn't wait to post it on here : )

No comments:

Post a Comment